In today’s society there is an urgent need to foster cultural engagement, intercultural dialogue and active participation of community members and university staff in promoting and sustaining cultural and historical heritage at regional, national and international / EU level. The CultHera project will be implemented by 6 partners from 6 countries. The consortium consists of 4 universities and 2 foundations working in the field of education, community support and promotion of national tangible and intangible heritage. All partners joined the project because their key experts identified an urgent need to develop a holistic training approach for university professors and assistants in raising awareness of the importance of cultural and historical heritage in the common EU context through better socialisation and management.
The general objective of CultHera is to enhance the competences of university staff to facilitate the civic engagement of cultural and historical heritage in urban and sub-urban environment as a way to raise awareness on and to understand better the common EU values, principles and concept of common & shared future.
- To develop competences of university professors & assistants to teach and apply models for socialization of cultural & historical heritage in urban landscape.
- To enable & promote higher degree of cohesion of the cultural and historical heritage in the common EU perspective
- To develop, discuss & exchange good practices in the socialization of cultural & historical heritage in urban & sub-urban environment
- To enhance target group’s competences in integration & management of cultural & historical artefacts, objects & sites within the urban landscape
- To demonstrate the potential of appropriately socialized objects/sites of cultural & historical heritage to improve the living conditions & economic possibilities of local communities
- To support the partners to create new or to develop/improve existing programmes & training courses for specialists in the preservation & socialization of the CHH in urban & sub-urban environment.
- University employees in partner cities – rectors, deans, professors, assistants;
- Local, regional and national education inspectorates;
- Local, regional and nationwide administrative bodies managing cultural and historical heritage;
- Local, regional and nationwide non-governmental bodies and organisations working with cultural and historical heritage sites;
- municipal directorates responsible for education and cultural and historical heritage;
- various local, regional and national educational institutions such as VET centers, VET providers;
- administrative structures working in the field of education and cultural and historical heritage;
- Trade unions of university professors and university teaching staff;
- representatives of the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Tourism;
- Universities with pedagogical programs and programs in cultural sciences and EU studies;
- National associations of professional trainers;
- organisations managing EU programmes in the field of cultural and historical heritage and EU cohesion policy in the field of culture;
- Other higher education institutions and national VET centers with pedagogical programmes, etc.
In order to address this goal the project stipulates to deliver the following intellectual outputs:
- PR1: CultHera Methodological Frame –This activity will focus on development of a methodological approach for socialization of cultural and historical heritage in urban and sub-urban environments with opportunities for its fuller& better preservation, conservation and exhibition in a way that will create added value (both culturally, socially and economically) for the entire community.
- PR2: CultHera Training Pack – The training pack will include the following 3 separate documents: Methodology for “inclusion” of cultural & historical heritage (CHH) in the modern urban & sub-urban environment (USE); Handbook on CHH; Manual on CHH.
- PR3: CultHera Model for integrated approach for cultural & historical heritage socialization & management in urban and suburban environment – will provide opportunities for increasing the investments and professional qualification of the specialists working in the field of preservation & socialization of cultural * historical heritage (CHH).
- PR4: CultHera Guidebook for mentors – The major aim and topic of the Guidebook will be how to carry out in the most appropriate and effective way the CultHera training of university professors & assistants.
- PR5: Strategy for civic engagement in the socialization of cultural & historical heritage in urban and suburban environment – The project partners undertake to develop a strategic document which will present a set of possible solutions for reducing & overcoming the identified deficits in the existing training offer in the field of socialization and management of cultural & historical heritage (CHH) in urban & sub-urban environment (USE). The Strategy will be based on the identified good practices and approaches and the acquired deeper knowledge and understanding of the topic during the development of all previous results & through the multiple talks with the target group members & stakeholders in the process. And based on partners’ own expertise of the topic.
- PR6: CultHera e-platform & e-library – The project e-learning platform CultHera will be specifically signed & used for the needs of the project. It will be developed by PAX alongside with the development of all results. So it will be available to be used together with the course. The platform will:
– host CultHera Training pack, Model for integrated approach, Guidebook for mentors & Strategy for civic engagement
– be a databank with various resources (both interactive & passive materials) for both the academic staff & the students
– contain self-preparatory tests for the trainees (i.e. the members of the target group) to check what they have learned after the CultHera training.
- Final conferences in all partner countries in early 2024.
December 2021 – April 2024
Universitatea Transilvania din Brasov
Universidade de Madeira
Universita Politecnica delle Marche
Sveucilste u Zagrebu
Pax Rhodopica Foundationa
Fundacja Rozwoju Aktywności Międzynarodowej i Edukacyjnej – FRAME
Kontakt z opiekunem projektu